- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add an ad-hoc query
- Select the source view of Revenue and click OK.
- First, we need to isolate our in-kind gifts. In-kind gifts are entered with a specific payment method, so in order to pull them in your query, from the middle column, drag Payment Method to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to Gift-in-kind.
- (Optional) If you are only looking for gifts made within a specific date range, also drag Date from the middle column to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to your date range.
- (Optional) To look at gifts made to a certain designation. In the column on the left, Click Application Details. From the middle drag Designation System Record ID to Include records where. Set equal to the designation you would like to filter on.
- (Optional) To look at gifts made against Event Registrations. In the column on the left Expand Application Details, Expand Event Registrations, Expand Registrant Click Event. From the middle drag Event Record to Include records where. Set equal to the Special Event you would like to filter on.
- (Optional) If you would like to filter on gifts made to a specific designation or a specific event between a date range.
- In Include records where, Click the line Application Details\Designation System Record ID is equal to XYZ. Use the Parenthesis buttons to add a left parenthesis to this line
- In Include records where, Click the line Application Details\Event Registrations\Registrant\Event\Event Record is equal to XYZ. Use the Parenthesis button to add a right parenthesis to this line. Use the OR button to make this an or statement
- Next, you will add any information you need to view about the in-kind gift to Results fields to display. Here are some suggestions:
- To view any details about the in-kind gift, from the middle column, drag fields like Gift-in-kind item name, Gift-in-kind fair market value per unit, Gift-in-kind number of units, and/or Gift-in-kind subtype to Results fields to display.
- To view details about the constituent who made the gift, highlight Constituent to the left. From the middle column, drag Name to Results fields to display.
- On the Set save options tab, name your query and save the query to access later.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.