To set up fee rules
- navigate to onBoard
- Select Application Forms from the Settings dropdown
- Click the Fee Rules button.
To enter a generic exception for any reason, select "Apply for Financial Aid" as the Fee Rule Type, enter the Fee Amount, select Add Rule, and select Save.
Because foreign documentation may be more difficult to process, your school may want to charge higher fees when international students apply for financial aid. To set up fees for international candidates, select "International" as the Fee Rule Type, enter the Fee Amount, select Add Rule, and select Save.
Your school may want to charge lower fees when employees apply for financial aid. To set up specific fees for staff members, select "Employee Role" as the Fee Rule Type, choose the Employee Roles for this fee, enter the Fee Amount, select Add Rule, and select Save.
Note: If you have more than one Fee Rule, the lowest fee is automatically selected for the user. Therefore, we recommend setting up one application for International Fee rule, and a separate application for employees.
Then you will want to ensure that the Fee is selected on the Application, to do this, navigate to:
- onBoard > Settings > Application Forms
- Click Edit into the name of the Application
- Select the Payment Tab
- Click Block Settings
- Under Fee Exceptions, mark the checkbox for the Fee Rule (such as Employee Role, International, or Apply for Financial Aid)
- Cick Save