To create a new Confirmation Email Template:
- Navigate to Communications > Manage Categories (or click on the desired category such as Email Templates)
- Click New Template under the category name (or click New Email or Document Template under Tasks if within a specific category)
- In the template step 1: Settings, enter a name for the template under Basic Information.
- Click Next.
- In the template step 2: Layouts, click on Documents and then click on select one of the following: eCommerce Confirmation, Receipt w/ Stub (Bottom), or Receipt w/ Stub (Top).
- Click Next.
- In the template step 3: Edit, make the desired edits. Optionally to use this an official tax receipt with a receipt number, add the merge field Generated Receipt Number to the template:
- Put the cursor where the number should appear.
- Click on Insert eTapestry merge value icon (lower row, next to last button)
- On Fields tab, set Category to Journal Fields and Field to Generated Receipt Receipt Number.
- Click Insert.
- When edits are complete, click Next to Save and Finish the template.
To specify a template on a DIY form:
- Open the form settings.
- Mark Send the donor a confirmation email.
- Enter the from address.
- Enter the subject line.
- Scroll down the list of Confirmation Email Template Field.
- Locate the name of the template. (Note: Templates are listed as Category - Template Name)
- Highlight to select.
- If generating receipt numbers, scroll down to Generate receipts from transactions on this page? and mark it.
- Click Update to save the changes.
For additional information, please refer to How To Create a Communications Template