- While using Internet Explorer, navigate to your Altru database
- Use your mouse to right-click any blank space
- Click Create shortcut
- In the box that shows up, click Yes
Alternatively, you can create a browser shortcut and drag it to your desktop:
In Google Chrome:
- Navigate to your Altru databse
- Click on the star icon on the right-hand end of the web address address field
- Select a folder to save the shortcut/bookmark in
- Click Done
- Click the three dots icon at the top right of the browser window
- Click Bookmarks
- Locate the shortcut/bookmark that you created, then click and drag the bookmark to your desktop
- You will now have an icon that looks like this on your desktop that will open your database in Google Chrome.
You may find it useful to change the URL used in your shortcut to a short redirect URL, if you are having issues accessing your database using the shortcut.
- Right click on the shortcut on your desktop
- Click Properties
- Change the URL to the following: https://login.blackbaudondemand.com/?SiteID=XXXX, replacing the XXXX with your organization's Blackbaud Site ID. For example if your Site ID was 5740, your URL would be https://login.blackbaudondemand.com/?SiteID=5740.
- Click OK