Option #1: Remove from Membership Program Configuration: If you want to just remove the membership type from the program and plan to use it later or for another membership program , you can just delete it from the the membership program.
Note: this is only deleting the membership type from the program configuration. It is not deleting it from the database. You will be able to connect this membership type to another membership program.
- Click on Membership module and then click on the name of the membership program.
- Click on 'Terms and Levels" and then click on "Edit Types".
- The membership types will be displayed. Click on the square next to the Type you want to delete. And then click "Delete" on your keyboard. A window will pop up confirming you want to delete the selected row. Click on "Yes". The row will disappear and then click on "Save" to save your changes.
- You can then confirm that the Membership Type does not appear on the membership form.
Option #2: Prevent the Membership Type from being used: Along with disconnecting the membership type from the membership program you may also choose to prevent this membership type from being used in any other membership program. To accomplish this you will need to make the membership type inactive using the following steps:
- Click on "Administration" and then click on "Code Tables" in the "Data" group.
- In the Category field select "Membership" and click "Apply". When the membership code tables display, click on "Membership Type".
- Click on the Expand icon next to the membership type you want to deactivate and then click on "Edit".
- In the window the opens, click on the "Inactive" checkbox and then click "OK".
- The membership type is now inactive and is not available for being connected to any membership program.