Actions that can be taken with this event registration are to either:
- Update existing user account (if the user was signed in when filling out the form, or matches an existing user's information)
- Create a new user in the system (if the user was not signed in, and the user information does not exist in the system)
If matching an existing user in the system, please make certain you are merging the registration with the correct user (IE, not a sibling, or a relative with the exact same name). This cannot be undone.
When a user starts an Application for Admission with the Application Link (This URL can be found under Enrollment Management > Admissions > Admissions Setup > Application Forms> Login Setup), if their email already exists in the system (IE if event registration has already been processed, and the user entered an E-Mail address), the same E-Mail address cannot be used to create a new account.
A user would instead need to login to the account created when the Event Registration was processed. This means they will need to have a Username assigned to do so. The user can contact the school to assign them a Username, and also a temporary password if they wish (or the user can use the 'Forgot Password' link at the login screen).
There is also an enhancement request in our ideas portal to allow a school to assign a username as part of the 'Process Event Registration' tool here
Options to use for a school to assign usernames are:
- Parents can start the application for admission first, and use the event registration link while signed in. This will associate the Event Registration with the account, as here:
- If a user has entered matching information into both an Application (login), as well as an Event Registration separately, there is an opportunity to combine these during the 'Processing' of the event (Enrollment Management > Events > Process Event Registration), as here:
- Navigate to Enrollment Management > Admissions > Admissions Management > Generate Username, and use the tool there to create usernames in bulk for users that do not have one yet. This process will also give you the opportunity to send an email to all of the users that receive a username.
More information on the Username Generator can be found here.
Additionally, a reference list of items to check when a user states that they 'Can't Login' can be found here.