You can obtain the latest FIMS upgrade here. See the link on the page title, 'FIMS 14.60 and Patch 3'
2. This step is only necessary for full upgrades, patches do not need to be run on the server.-Make sure that the FIMS shortcut on the server has the absolute path to the install directory, not UNC paths. The upgrade installer cannot work with UNC paths.
- You may have a different drive other than C where FIMS is installed on the server.
- If you make a change in the ini file, or the shortcut on the server, you will need to launch FIMS and let the log in screen load so that the FIMS folder is set in the registry to use the new start in folder path and any other path changes that are made. You do not have to actually log into FIMS, the log in screen just needs to appear, you can click cancel after that.
- The upgrade installer looks at the Fimsnt.ini file, not the fims.ini file.
C:\NPO\dlc\bin\prowin32.exe -pf c:\npo\found\configfiles\wfound.pf -ini c:\npo\found\configfiles\fimsnt.ini
\\servername\NPO\dlc\bin\prowin32.exe -pf \\servername\found\configfiles\wfound.pf -ini \\servername\npo\found\configfiles\fimsnt.ini
3. For Full upgrades-this step is not necessary for patches-When ready to run the upgrade installer, make sure that no users are logged into FIMS by running the Show Live Users shortcut on the desktop. Instruct users to not attempt to log into FIMS until advised.
4. For Full upgrades-this step is not necessary for patches-Make sure all shared files relevant to NPO are closed. Go to Computer Management\Shared Folders\Open Files and make sure that any files in the NPO directory are not open. If they are open, close them.
5. For any upgrade full or patch-During the upgrade process, note any errors that take place and resolve at that time.
6. For any upgrade full or patch-After a successful upgrade, make sure that the users right-click and run FIMS as administrator the first time they run FIMS after the upgrade if UAC is turned on on the workstations.
7. For any upgrade full or patch-Also make sure that both the FIMS version and the Database (DB) version are both the same; you can view that information in Help\About FIMS. If they are not both the same then that means that the upgrade did not take place correctly.
8. For any upgrade full or patch-Review the upgrade log in \npo\found\FIMS called fims-upgrades-year.log where year would be the year you ran the upgrade an review that to make sure there were no issues with the upgrade and that all steps completed. At the very bottom of the log, it should read the following, ""tools\upfims.p - UPFIMS.P completed - date and time".
9. For any upgrade full or patch-Review the FIMS compile log to make sure there were no compile errors located in \npo\found\FIMS called 'FCOMPILE.ERR'.