- In the Gifts module click on File Maintenance > Gift Import
- In the Import File Field click the magnifying glass to browse to your .CSV file.
- Import row from __ through __ allows you to choose only a particular set of rows to import instead of the entire file.
- Fill out the rest of the information as necessary. Many options here will be mapped to their corresponding columns in the spreadsheet via column letter or number options in each field.
- To save this import template click on the Defaults button then click Add. Give this template a name then click Done
- When ready, click the import button
Available options in drop down menus will vary by field. Below are the definitions.
- Select: This option allows you to select one value for that field that will be applied to all Gifts being imported in this file. This means the user will not have to add that value in every cell of the corresponding column in the import file; that column can remain blank on the spreadsheet.
- Column #: Use this option if your column headers in the spreadsheet are numbered
- Column Letter: Use this option if your column headers in the spreadsheet are lettered
- Dup Chk: This option will check for duplicates before creating Donor Profiles - Only available in Donor ID Code field
- Default Rep: Select this option if you want to apply the default Fund ID code to the Gifts based on the Default Donor Fund Rep Type - Only available in Fund ID field
- Use Class: Select this option if you want FIMS to automatically choose the appropriate account based on the Fund Class - Only available in the Asset / Debit Account, Revenue / Credit Account, and Principal fields
- From Donor: Select this option if you want to use the information from the current Donor record in FIMS to populate the field - Only available in the Solicitor, Source, Match Code, Match ID, and Anonymous fields
- From Profile: Select this option if you want to use the information from the current Donor record in FIMS to populate the field - Only available in the County field and in the Acknowledgement fields (under Ack radio button)
- From Org Name: Select this option if you want to set the Ind / Org field for the Profile based on whether there is data in the Organization Name field - This option is only available in the Ind / Org field. You should use this option if you are importing a mix of individual and organization Profiles. This is particularly important if you are using the duplicate checking feature – FIMS will check for both individual and organization Profiles that are potential duplicates of the Profile in your spreadsheet. If you choose Organization or Individual, the duplicate check only searches the selected type of record.
- None: Select this option if you do not want to include the field.
For additional information please see the FIMS Help guide on importing Gifts