1. Register for a new Google Maps API Key following these steps:
- A Gmail account is required. If you do not have one, create one at https://accounts.google.com
- Click Get Started button under step 1
- Choose Maps
- Click continue (Note: Log into Google if prompted. An existing Gmail account is required.)
- Select a project (Note: You can keep the default "My project".)
- Click Enable Billing
- Enter the information requested and follow the prompts
- When "Your API Key appears", be sure to save this value. (Tip: Copy/paste the value to a Word/Notepad file to enter into WordPress and/or grab a screenshot.)
- Log into WordPress as an administrator
- Click "Events" in the WordPress Dashboard menu to expand the calendar options
- Click "Settings" from the options menu to open the "All-in-One Event Calendar: Settings"
- Scroll down and select the "Viewing Events" tab
- Scroll down until you see "Google Maps API Key (Get an API key)"
- Enter the key in the space provided
- Save the settings on the page.
NOTE: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
The new pricing system allows unlimited free use of simple Dynamic Maps in Embeds and in Mobile Native apps. Maps used with All In One Event Calendar use simple maps with location markers, which fall under the category of "Dynamic Maps in Embeds".
This change is set up so that anyone who uses the Embed API in Directions, Views or Search mode, will be eligible for billing. This situation does not apply to users of All In One Event Calendar.