- Yes, we run backups on all of our sites and servers
- The backup process runs every night
- Both Wordpress website servers and backup servers are off-site from Blackbaud. Backups are stored on a separate server to ensure safety.
- No, we do not allow clients to install a plugin that runs it's own backup process. The reason for this is two-fold and both have to do with storage.
- If the backup is stored on our server, it can quickly fill up space that we haven't allocated for your site.
- If the backup is stored off-site, we can't guarantee the safety or security of that data. If it's compromised, then the live site can be compromised as well.
- For the same reason as the bullet above, we can not give out this data and do not provide client backups for Blackbaud hosted WordPress sites. At the end of your contract, if you decide to move to another host, you may request a copy of your data. Please see the article on How to get a copy of your site's data for more information on this request.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.