- Click the video image below, or visit https://vimeo.com/180744524/21c24629bd
- Enter the password "scholarships"
Once an application moves into an encumbering category in the system (which may include Offered, Accepted, as well as any custom encumbering categories) a post-acceptance application will be automatically generated for that award. The post-acceptance application allows administrators to track the processing and disbursement of funds for the award within the system.
Should the applicant choose to Decline the award (or if an administrator later determines the applicant must be Declined for other reasons), the original application will move into a Declined category and the post-acceptance application will disappear from the system (since there is no longer a disbursement of funds to track.) Note: The Post-Acceptance process is not equivalent to renewal management or renewable awards.
The post-acceptance application allows administrators to complete follow-up processing of awards before sending information to other resources that the award should be paid out to the applicant. In some cases, this processing may include the collection of additional materials from applicants. This may include:
- Submitting a letter of gratitude (Thank You Letter)
- Completing an exit survey or questionnaire
- Uploading additional documents
How to Create a Post-Acceptance Questionnaire for Any Opportunity
Post-acceptance questionnaires may be established by administrators an opportunity-by-opportunity basis. Contact Customer Support if you would like to mass update opportunities with post-acceptance questions. To create a post-acceptance application for an opportunity:
- Select Opportunity>Portfolios>Opportunities. Locate the opportunity you would like to set up.
- Click View.
- Once in the opportunity, select Details.
- Mark the box for Post-Acceptance Questions.
- Add a Post-Acceptance End Date if applicants must adhere to one.
- Click Update Opportunity.
- Now that you have turned on Post-Acceptance for the opportunity, you will need to add the questions that applicants should answer whenever they accept an award through this opportunity. To access this area of the opportunity, select Post-Acceptance>Questions.
- When you visit this tab, you will have the ability to create new questions and build a Post-Acceptance questionnaire. Building questions is similar to building questions on an opportunity's "Questions" tab. To add a question, click Add Applicant Question. Once the question is created, click Update Questions.
Now when an applicant clicks "Accept" to accept an award, they will immediately be taken to an application page where they can answer the Post-Acceptance questions you have created:
Much like a normal application, the applicant can save their work and return to the Post-Acceptance questionnaire at another time if needed by visiting their Applications page.
How to Monitor the Post-Acceptance Process
Because the post-acceptance process comes after the application process, monitoring post-acceptance applications occurs in a different part of the opportunity. After an applicant decides to "Accept" an award offer, administrators can begin monitoring the applicant's post-acceptance application from the opportunity's Post-Acceptance Applications page.
All opportunity applications at the "Offered" or "Accepted" categories will also have an entry in your Post-Acceptance Applications grid. Because this grid tracks award offers after the application process has completed, this grid has five categories to organize and track the actual awarding of funds:
- Pending: An award offer has been extended, but the applicant has not yet Accepted or Declined the offer.
- Requested: An award offer has been Accepted, but the applicant has not yet completed the post-acceptance questionnaire.
- Drafted: The applicant has started responding to the post-acceptance questionnaire but has not yet completed it.
- Submitted: The post-acceptance questionnaire has been completed (and is waiting for review by an administrator).
- Awarded: An administrator has determined the award can be made and that the monetary funds can be disbursed.
To categorize a Post-Acceptance application as Awarded (meaning, the funds should be disbursed) administrators should:
- Return to the opportunity's Post-Acceptance Applications page.
- Locate the post-acceptance application and click "View" link to open the application up.
- Administrators can view applicant responses on this page. To update the category of the application, select Choose a category and select which category to move the applicant into (like Awarded).
- On the next window that opens, administrators can update the post-acceptance application to the "Awarded" category. They may also choose to update the Award amount or adjust the Award Period tag (if your system uses customizable Award Periods.)
- Once an administrator moves the post-acceptance application into Awarded, the applicant can see visual confirmation of this on their "Applications" page.
Much like the categories available for opportunity applications, System Administrators can monitor and customize post-acceptance process categories from their "Categories" page.
Administrators can also monitor the progress of post-acceptance applications system-wide by navigating to the Post-Acceptance bulk actions grid where changes can be made in bulk by checking the boxes of those you wish to update and scrolling down to the "Act On Selected" dropdown box to categorize, or individually by clicking the "View" link and opening up the application.
Any time you are selecting all of the applications on a page, the system will give you the option to choose all of the applications contained on the other grid pages by showing the following message. As long as your grid is sorted to include only those applications that you would like to update, you can select the box to "Also categorize ____ disbursements from other pages" to categorize them all at once.