In order to attach the social media links to news stories, several steps must be completed first in the AddThis website and in School Website.
To get the AddThis sharing buttons activated, do the following:
1. Go to www.AddThis.com/register and create an account.
2. Note the Username for the account (it will be needed to activate the share buttons under School Website).
3. Choose the size and style of the Sharing Buttons to be added from the Free options (there are Pro options available too at cost).
4. Select the Number of social media buttons/icons in the drop down menu to display.
5. Copy the AddThis sharing script displayed in the code box (this will be needed for the Embed widget under School Website).
Next, log into the App and do the following:
1. Go to School Website > Website management > Website.
2. Click on Pages & Content under Settings.
3. Click on Page Tools and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
4. Enter the AddThis Account Username in the designated field.
5. Click Save & Exit.
6. Click Main Site (or whatever the recoded site name is) under Website.
7. Go to Detail Pages.
8. Click the wrench icon for the Default News Detail page and choose Edit Page Content.
9. Drag the Embed widget into place on the detail page.
10. Click the settings/cog wheel icon and paste the AddThis sharing script into the Embed Code box.
11. Click Save.
12. Click Apply Changes to save the Embed widget on the Default News Detail page template.
Once the widget has been properly added, the AddThis share buttons will display for News stories on the front and back end (public site and App) next to the title of the story. In the App, Users will need to click on the News item title first to enter the article and have access to the share buttons.
*Click here to view an instructional video for more information.