Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Globally change the fund to another fund:
- Create a static gift query
- Filter on Funds> Fund Description equals [name of fund to delete]
- Globally change the fund to another fund
Check for Adjustments:
- Create a gift query
- Filter on:
Adjustments> Gift Adjustment Funds> Fund ID equals [name of the fund to delete]
OR Adjustments> Gift Adjustment Previous Funds> Fund ID equals [name of the fund to delete]
- If an adjustment is found, the fund cannot be deleted from The Raiser's Edge unless the adjustment is removed.
- If the gift is marked Not Posted, delete the adjustment and make the appropriate changes to the gift, itself. For example, if the amount was changed on the Adjustments tab, remove the adjustment, and change the amount on the Gift tab.
- If the gift is Posted, delete the gift with the adjustment and re-add the gift with the correct information.
Note: Consult your accounting department before deleting the gift if you post to general ledger to determine if this would cause problems in the accounting program.
- Another option is to mark mark the fund as inactive that it is no longer available when entering gifts rather than deleting it.
Remove the fund from the GL post file in the back end of the software:
- Create a static, gift query
- Filter on Gift Information> GL Post Status equals Not Posted
- Globally change the gifts from Not Posted to Do Not Post using the query created in steps 1 and 2
- Post to General Ledger
- Delete the fund from Records
- Globally change the gifts from Do Not Post to Not Posted using the query created in steps 1 and 2
If the error still occurs, refer to How to delete a fund record