- In Reports, select Analysis Reports
- Highlight the Open Item Report and click New
- On the General tab, in the Show charges open as of field, specify a date for charges to include. Select Today, or select <Specific date> and enter a date. All charges open as of this date are included.
- In the Base charge open date on field, select Transaction date or Post date to specify the date the charge is considered open. If you select Post date, advance deposits and transactions marked as Do not post do not appear in the report.
- In the Include charges with these dates frame, you can select a date, date range, or billing cycle for the charges to include in the report. Make your selections in the the Transaction date and Post date fields. If you select <Specific range>, specify start and end dates. If you leave the Start date field blank, all activity is included up to the end date. If you leave the End date field blank, all activity from the start date forward, including transactions with a date in the future, is included. If you leave both fields blank, all activity is included.
- You can mark the Include unapplied payments and credits in [ ] checkbox to include payments and credits that have not been applied to a charge. You can display these in detail or summary. Select Detail to show each payment and credit as an additional line item. Select Summary to add the payments and credits and show a negative total in the balance column. The report displays payments and charges that are unapplied as of the date defined in the Show Charges as of field.
- If you mark the Create an output query of checkbox, the program creates a query of the records or charges included in the report. You can use the query later in other areas of Student Billing.
- In the Report orientation field, select Portrait or Landscape.
- On the Filters tab, select the appropriate filters.
- On the Format tab, select the appropriate formatting options.
- Click Preview
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.