NOTE: Microsoft Outlook must be open in order to send emails from the Financial Edge, the Raiser's Edge or Education Edge.
- Login to the Hosted Application you are trying to email from. ie. The Raiser's Edge, The Financial Edge, or The Education Edge
- From the top menu bar, select Tools, Microsoft Outlook. (The Microsoft Outlook option will not be available in the BBNC plug-in, or OCC Plug-in)
- The first time Microsoft Outlook is opened, you will receive one of the following prompts, depending on which integration method was configured for your organization:
- Please enter your full SMTP email address (ex. email@example.com). This is the address where returned mail and replies to mail will be sent. This should usually be your organizational email address (e.g. John.Doe@Blackbaud.com).
- Click Ok, then this process will not be repeated in the future when opening Outlook.
- If using SMTP Relay, Microsoft Outlook should proceed to open and you can now send emails.
- Minimize Microsoft Outlook once it opens and proceed to a record and click the email to send an email. This will open a blank email within the Outlook that is embedded in The Raiser's Edge, The Financial Edge, or The Education Edge.
To mail the report, send the report via email as you would in a locally installed version of The Financial Edge, the Raiser's Edge or Education Edge.
NOTE: Blackbaud Hosting Services uses a separate version of Outlook than your local version of Outlook. This may or may not be the same version you use locally. The version that opens is what is installed on the Blackbaud Servers, and may not match your local version. There is no option to change the version of Outlook that opens when being launched from within the Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge, or Education Edge.