To void a range of records:
- In Banks, click Void selected payments under Administrative tasks.
- Select the appropriate Transaction type and Void by method from the drop-down menus.
- Enter a Start number and End number.
- Mark or unmark the Delete unpaid invoices after voiding payments and Print control report options as appropriate.
- Click Void Now.
- Click Yes to 'Are you sure you want to void these checks?' to begin the voiding process.
- If the check was posted before being voided and your default void/reversal post date is set to <Blank>, you will be prompted to enter a Void Date and a Reverse Post Date value.
- Click OK once the process is completed.
- In Banks under General tasks, click Open register.
- Highlight the record in the bank register. Use the Shift and/or the CTRL key in combination with the mouse cursor to highlight multiple records in the bank register.
- Select Register > Void from the menu bar.
- Enter the appropriate Void Date and Reversal Post Date values then click Void.
If the payment records were posted before voiding, the system will generate reversing entries that can be posted to the General Ledger. You will see these transactions when you go to Administration > Post and open your post parameter and click Validate.
If the payment records were not posted, the post status of the voided payment record will be marked as Do Not Post.
To void a single record:
- In Banks, select the appropriate bank from the Select a bank account drop-down menu.
- Under General tasks, click Open register.
- Highlight the check to be voided in the bank register.
- Right-click on the record's row and select Void, or select Register, Void from the menu bar.
- The system uses the current date for the Void date and reversals by default. If needed, change the Void date and Reversal post date.
- If the invoice or calculation paid by this check should also be deleted, mark the corresponding 'Delete?' checkbox.
- Click Void.