- Login to BBNC as a supervisor
- Click Administration > Sites & settings
- Select the site in the left pane
- View the Primary site URL:
For on-premise or self-hosted sites only:
- The plugin service URL should return the MasterService end points page without a redirect or SSL warning.
For Blackbaud Fully-Hosted sites only:
- Browse to the site hosting alias
- URL should return the MasterService end points page without a redirect or SSL warning. If the URL redirects to the main site URL we will need this removed to resolve the error. The cname must return the main BBNC page without any redirects.
- If you started encountering this error after being upgraded to 7.1 Service Pack 2 (126.96.36.199), please chat with support and reference this article.
For Split-Hosted or On Premise sites only:
- Confirm the Raiser's Edge Web Server is on the same version as the Website. How do I check the version of NetCommunity. If the Raiser's Edge is not on the latest version, update the service.
- If this happens after an upgrade on the REWS (Raiser's Edge Web Service) server, then verify which installation files where run on the REWS. Only the bbinstallerXXX.exe and bbinstallerXXXpatchX.exe are supposed to be installed on the REWS. This error will occur if the pluginXXXpatchX.exe is installed on the REWS. If the pluginXXXpatchX.exe has been installed on the REWS, then uninstall the Blackbaud software from the REWS and reinstall the bbinstallerXXX.exe and bbinstallerXXXpatchX.exe only.
- This error can also be caused if TLS 1.0 is disabled on either the BBNC web server or the REWS. We are currently evaluating this issue and will update this article when we have more information.