- Note that P.O.Box addresses are tricky. District mapping reflects the district where the P.O.Box is located, not necessarily the district where the constituent lives and is reflected on their voter registration card. The constituent may need to use their physical address to be properly put in the correct district.
- Go to Constituent360 > Constituents.
- Search for and view the desired constituents.
- In the Advocacy Information Section, see what stored district data Luminate Online has.
- Title (should be the type of district, such as state senate, questioned
- Street address, City, State 9-digit zip code, the District that was displayed in LO as correct for that address, and the District you believe should be associated with that address
To verify which representatives represent a constituent, use the constituents full zip and use one or more of the following to try to verify the representative: http://votesmart.org/index.htm
To verify Luminate Online's configuration, use http://customer.convio.com/site/PageServer?pagename=advo_lookup
For information on how frequently Luminate Online updates this kind of data, see BB752973. To work around some of these problems until the data is updated by using our constituent override feature of our Constituent360 application.
- Go to Constituent360 > Contacts.
- Search for the constituent.
- Edit the contact record and fill in the manual override form fields for each district that is incorrect